Saturday, August 14, 2010

Tar Heel Football

Although I am very excited to see what the Tar Heel football team is going to do this year, I am somewhat dreading it. When the Chick fil a match up of UNC vs LSU (the first game of our season and over labor day weekend) in Atlanta was announced, Matt and I were psyched. But then when we got pregnant with Cooper we realized his due date was Sept 7th and just days after the game so going was out of the question. I soon realized that most of the football games would be out of the question for me as well with Cooper being so young. My brother Kenny was going to go to the games with Matt and Davis in my place. I would be at home with my little boy. Then in May we lost him. Now Matt, Kenny and I are going down to Atlanta for the Chick fil a game which I have fixed feelings about. And then we will make six trips to Chapel Hill for home games during the fall. The stadium is just steps from UNC Hospital. As bad as it will hurt every time I go back to Chapel Hill and walk by the stadium, it is still extremely special to me that Cooper lived his life there. Its where his Mommy and Daddy met and fell in love eight years ago. I smile thinking about how Cooper is up in heaven wearing Carolina Blue wings because he was a true Tar Heel just like his Mommy, Daddy and big brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment