Sunday, July 18, 2010

Hatred of a word

I started back to work on Thursday. Contractors finally finished my new branch that opened the same day as Cooper's funeral. While setting up my new office, I was going through a personal folder and found a brochure about a study we were involved in while I was pregnant with Davis. I broke down in tears. The study looked at whether extra Vitamins C & E helped prevent Preeclampsia. About a month before I was hospitalized, I received the results of the study that showed the vitamins do not decrease prevention of preeclampsia. Little did I know at the time how the disease was about to impact my life by taking my child's life. How I would come to hate the word preeclampsia. Now every time I hear or read the word I cringe. I know I will hate the word for the rest of my life because nothing will bring Cooper back to me. But I pray that a genius doctor will come along and discover a cure so no other mother will come to hate the word preeclampsia as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment