Monday, March 28, 2011

The Next American Idol?

After reading back through my blog last week, I realized that I have not shared one of my favorite Cooper stories. Background: Neither Matt or I have never liked Barney. There is just something about that purple dinosaur. So once Davis was old enough to watch TV, we would purposely never turn Barney on. It’s an addictive show for a toddler and we just did not want to have to deal with it. One Rainy Day, Davis’s teachers put on Barney. Of course Davis came home singing the “I love you, you love me” song. Once he realized that Mommy and Daddy did not like Barney the fire only got fueled. Davis would sing it over and over and over again. While I was holding Cooper, I started talking to him about his Big Brother; what Davis liked to do, how he had been looking forward to teaching his little brother things good and bad. I decided to sing the Barney song to Cooper since Davis was not there to do the honors. Cooper starts crying extremely loud. (Keep in mind that it took a lot for him to cry because his lungs were slowing down at this point.) I stop singing, Cooper stops crying and I ask him if he does not like the Barney song. I hear Matt mumble something about it was my singing that he did not like. I rolled my eyes and started singing the song again. Sure enough our son starts crying loudly again! Matt starts laughing and says something to the effect of “Yeah son I agree with you on that”. Here I am managing to hold back the tears long enough to sing a song that I do not like and Cooper manages to get a Mommy “insult” in. Only Matt and I’s child would be able to get a “shot” in like that during a short 22 hour life J

No comments:

Post a Comment